Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Receipt, Part Deux

So anyway, picking up where I left off; that was 6 weeks ago and today I can happily say that I feel fantastic and I've lost almost 10 pounds and close to 3 inches off my waist. My other measurements have gone down as well. I'm still not able to look back and that day and laugh, but I know one day I will....one day when I'm sitting across the table staring into Mr. Hotness's baby blues..Hehehehe!!!

You know, that day did something else as well, it made me look back and evaluate what my dating pool has been like over the past year. These are people who approached me, not people that I actually went out with. Let me share:

Potential Date #1: The vending machine guy. Ok sorry, this will probably sound snotty but it's my blog so whatever. I am 41 yrs old. I'm not trying to date someone who's career is stocking pork rinds and Skittles throughout the metro Atlanta area. He may be the nicest guy in the world, but that's just not what I'm looking for. I've invested a lot in my education and my career so I'm looking for the same. Sorry, but that's the truth.

PD #2: Now this is someone who I went to high school with who now lives in the area and we connected on Facebook. Again, very nice from what I remember in school. He currently has 8 kids with 5 baby-mamas. These kids range from 22 yrs old to 8 months with the 22 year old having a child himself. So basically, I would have to deal with 5 baby mamas and potentially become a grandmother without ever having given birth myself. Ugh, no thanks. Again, I'll pass.

PD #3: Now this guy is the most recent and I actually considered meeting him for coffee, that is until he told me that he couldn't drive because his license was suspended, which means I'd have to do all of the driving. Geez, this is exhausting.

Anyway, I started thinking. Seriously, is this what my future holds as far as available men? Why am I not attracting "normal" men like my Mr. Hotness. Simple. The men that I'm interested in simply are not attracted to fat women. Harsh, but true. Hell, I'm not attracted to fat men, so why should my expectations be any different. If I want to improve my dating pool, I need to improve myself. You see, there are men out there who think that because you are fat and single, you should be happy to have anyone pay you some attention. Do you really think Mr. Vending would approach someone who looked like Halle Berry? Maybe, but probably not. Unlike Halle, I'm am non-threatening. Now this is just my perception of things. I could be way off, but I don't think so.

Regardless, here I am 6 weeks later, still going strong, with no intention of stopping. Actually, I have some new motivation (not male related) that I'll blog about separately.

I think when I reach my goal and if Mr. Hotness is still single, I'll take him to Captain D's for lunch to celebrate. LOL.

8 comments:

  1. Still can't believe you turned him down. I thought that only happened in the movies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ma'am. It happens in real life too. Hahaha!! Trust me, I couldn't believe it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have enough boonesfarm and they'll all look appealling. LMAO. j/k Keep up the awesome job Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, there's not enough Boone's Farm in the world. Hahaha!! Thanks Chica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SOOOOOO proud of you Lyn! That's awesome. I can't wait to see the "end result". Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks MaryBeth. I'll have to tell you about my day today and how Cindy and Noel kept me on track. Actually, just take a peak in my MFC journal. Noel was in rare form today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very proud of you Lyn and I could definitely tell a difference in you at the game the other night! Any time you want to eat off plan or skip the gym-remember "Redneck on Toilet" lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I'm trying to forget "Redneck on Toilet". He was N.A.S.T.Y.

    Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete