Monday, June 8, 2009



I realized about a week ago that beginning June 1, 2009, I am entering the last 30 days of my 30's. On July 1, 2009 I will be 40. I'm actually pretty excited about it. My 20's and 30's were nothing to write home about, so I'm ready for some really positive changes to happen in my 40's. I'm pretty much over the cliche of "40 is the new 30". I wanna vomit everytime I hear it. It's right up there with "touch base" , "thinking outside the box", "stepping up to the plate" and all of the other tired cliches floating around. I never got the whole being depressed about being a certain age thing. I mean yeah, I have some regrets, who doesn't, and I'd like to be further along in several areas of my life, but it's nothing to fall into a deep depression about. It's not like a can change the past anyway. All any of us have is right now.


I got a new toy a few days ago. I haven't played with it much, but I think I'm going to enjoy it. I caught a really good deal on a FLIP camcorder. I found it on Amazon for less than $50. I was excited because I've only seen the ones prices over $100. Mine only shoots 30 mins of video, but that's fine for me. I'll be trying it out soon doing some VLOG postings. I think it will be a cool way to chart my progress. I also know for me, sometimes it's easier to sit down and just talk vs. writing everything out in an entry.




No comments:

Post a Comment