Friday, August 6, 2010

Waaaaaaaa!!!!!

Ughhhh, what an annoying day this has been.

As soon as I get to work, I walk into this from one of my coworkers.

Photobucket

Supposedly I don't speak to her enough. I stop and chat with everybody around her but not with her.

First of all, "Bitch please, we aren't in kindergarten. Who does this? We are coworkers, not friends. I am nice to you because we have to work together and because I don't want anything negativo on my evaluation. I am nothing if not professional, but again, that does not equate me wanting to be your friend."

She's really lucky she didn't catch me before my EC kicked in or I would have shared these thoughts with her; evaluation be damned, I have a whole year to recover from any minor slip-ups. Fortunately, I had already "eased" into my morning when I got this little confrontation and spiel.

Second, she's exactly right. I don't talk to her other than the customary greetings. I've tried the idle chit-chat, but 9 times out of 10, I'd get forced into having a 20 minute conversation about the constant streams of drama she has swirling around her at any given point. Trust me, it's better to have me ignore you than you have this look:

Photobucket

See, the thing is, in addition to constantly being involved in some kind of personal/work-related drama, she's one of those people who need constant reinforcement that they are liked and are doing a good job. A few years ago, I probably would have indulged her, but these days, I am sooooo not the one. I have been around a person in the past who constantly needed validation and proof that you were a good friend. Nothing was ever good enough. You could never show enough that you were a friend all the while you got nothing in return. These types of people suck the very lifeblood out of you and drain away any joy you might have. No thanks, been there, done that, don't need another T-shirt. Luckily for me and unfortunately for her, I can now see those familiar red flags a mile away and make it a point to distance myself. I guess she picked up on it, but I really don't care because until my job description says that I have to be everyone's friend, my treatment of her will not change. In fact she may get less since she made it an issue today.

Ok, rant over. Other than that and a few minor but correctable annoyances that actually were in my job description today was overall a pretty decent day. I give it a C+/B-. My boss has been on vacation so I've had a pretty laid back week. I also had a fantastic cheat meal today. I went to Chipotle's and had a

Photobucket

Now it's time to kick back, relax and watch the Braves play. Go Braves!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...Chiptole! When I first looked at this pic, I thought the cheese was rice on top and thought, "How on hell did she get them to add extra rice to the top?" lol

    Yes, I'm wacked. Shut it. It's before noon. Be easy on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck no! Extra cheese all the way baby!! That's actually not mine, but mine had the same toppings just chicken instead of the steak. Yummmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete