Thursday, October 21, 2010

Adwords, Spiders, Bots, Keywords, SEO and STUFF

Wow! I can’t even begin to say how glad I am that it’s Friday. This week as been incredibly, incredibly busy, both in good ways and in not so good ways. Work has been very busy. My company is smack in the middle of a huge merger and my boss is spearheading the entire project which means when she’s busy, I’m busy. We had onsite meetings most of the week which means I get to play hostess all day. The people are very nice and very appreciative but it does mess with my schedule; not to mention all of the extra catering and treats that I’m responsible for bringing in and setting up. My diet and training have been way off this week, mainly training. I’ve missed several workouts this week due to the 10-12 hrs days I’ve been putting in. I’m glad everything is over (for this month) and I’m getting back to my normal routine.

I mention a few posts back that some new opportunities have come my way and I’m really excited about it. A month or so ago, I was fortunate enough to come in contact with a group of women who niche blog for a living. After some networking and submitting a few writing samples, I was invited to join their workshop. These women are very very successful in what they do. All of them earn several thousand dollars a month niche blogging/affiliate marketing and a few of them are headed towards 6 figure yearly incomes. I am learning so much from them. I was really intimidated at first, but they are all so nice and so helpful. I’m settling in nicely and working really hard. My goal is to learn as much as I can and emulate their success. My goal is to be in 6 figures myself within the next 2 years so I can move away from the corporate grind and from the uncertainty of the insurance industry. Right now with health care reform in the works, a lot changes are happening and I don’t want to be caught by any surprises. Plus, I’ve always loved the idea of working from home, being able to travel, volunteer etc and this seems like the perfect opportunity to start making some of that happen. I’ve already purchased a few domains in what I hope to be profitable niches and am working on developing content at the moment. The research and writing are definitely my favorite parts. The set up and back end stuff, not so much. I’ve learned more than I ever thought possible about Google Spiders, Bots, Adwords, Adsense, Keywords, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), indexing, analytics, etc. One interesting thing though is this has made me pay more attention to the traffic to this blog. I also monetized it just to see what type of ads would pop up based on the current content. It’s kind of all over the place, just like my blog, but that’s exactly what I want, since most times, I’m all over the place. Hahaha!!!

I did find this little tidbit funny/interesting, especially since I’m all over keywords and SEO.

This is a screen shot from the feed that shows the traffic to my blog and how they get here. As you can see, someone from Hamilton, Ontario Canada (hmmmm) arrived by searching “Cookbook Amy Perez”.





Now if you search “Cookbook Amy Perez” on Google, as you can see below, my blog entry referring to her as Amy “Cuntface” Perez is the first Google link.






Hahahahahahahaha!! Sorry, but yeah, I find that fucking hysterical. Who knew that if you search a certain person's name and the word cookbook, you'd come up with Cuntface. What a hoot!!!! Google keywords are definitely a gift that keeps on giving.


What I find funnier is that “someone” from Hamilton, Ontario Canada would actually search that particular combination of words. Again HMMMMMMM.












2 comments: