Monday, July 13, 2009

Recap of My Birthday Celebration/Girl's Nite!!

As mentioned earlier, I'm back with an update and pictures from my birthday celebration/girl's night Friday night at the Cheesecake Factory. What a great night!! It's always fun to get together with the "Atlanta Crew", Cindy, Ileen, Elizabeth and Noel.

The laughs and conversation began with a round of strawberry martinis for a few of us….yum, yum, yum..those suckers were STRONG!! One was plenty for me. After dinner (chicken broccoli pasta alfredo for me), I had to endure the “Happy Birthday” song from the staff. I don’t know how the ladies got that one past me. I was doing my best to keep an eye on things (I’m nosy like that or so I’ve been told :P ). Anyway, they some how got word to our server; thank goodness I didn’t have to wear a stupid hat or I would have needed another drink. After more conversation, (no more drinks for me), it was time for gift opening. Let me say up front that I have some incredibly generous and “creative” friends.

Noel always remembers how much I love, love, love her mom’s oatmeal raisin cookies. From what I understand, these are a booger to make, but Noel always takes the time to make sure I have them a few times a year. This time Noel got creative in the kitchen and we all got to try her newest creation “Crack-Chow” or “Crack-Buddies”. We might be renaming the Puppy Chow due to its unfortunate distasteful origins. Crappy origins aside, this creation will give you cavities just from looking at it. I’m sure there are several dentists out there who will greatly appreciate this concoction. Basically, Noel took the recipe for Muddy Buddies/PuppyChow and added the toffee topping and topped with melted chocolate (thanks for leaving off the nuts, bleech). It was fabulous and of course way, way, way too sweet for Ileen, but I give her props for trying it. Also from Noel, I got a spy kit to help me take my nosiness and gossip mongering to another level, some lip shaped lip gloss to prevent those irritating chapped lips from all of the ass kissing and crawling up asses that I do, a new scrapbook to house all of the pictures of my friends since the last one got tainted and has since been tossed, and some new Tupperware and a water bottle in hopes that some new stuff might make me “want it bad enough and to stay focused” since obviously according to my last trainer, I lacked in that area.

Elizabeth brought me back a beautiful purse from her recent trip to NYC. I love it!! I thought it was very thoughtful of her to think of me while she was vacationing with her family. Elizabeth and I have a great love for bargain shopping in the city. We will go down every road and in every back room to find a deal. Unfortunately Cindy let us know with a quickness that my and Elizabeth’s brand of shopping wasn’t for her…snob. LOL!!

Ileen and Cindy tried to be cute in giving me a package of Depends, a denture cleaning kit, and a magazine with quilting patterns. All that was missing was the tube of Ben-Gay and a stray cat. Obviously they haven’t heard that 40 is the new 30. Honestly, if I can look half as good as they do, I’ll be more than happy to take my place in the 40’s. Cindy and Ileen had another surprise up their sleeves though. Remember the gym bag I posted about a few weeks ago, the one my boss has that I’ve been coveting since she showed it to me? Well, Cindy and Ileen GOT ME THE GYM BAG!!! How awesome is that?!?! I was so surprised!!! I don’t have a picture of me with the actual bag yet. Eagle-Eye Ileen noticed that mine was damaged so hopefully my new one will be here within a few days. It’s the one posted below.

So as I stated previously, it was a fantabulous night. I am so lucky to have such amazing friends.

Here are a few pictures from the evening:



Me after a long week of dealing with yahoos.




Ileen. Check out those arms ya'll!! Wowza




Noel:




Elizabeth




Cindy :lol:




Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Noel's New Crack Variation:




My purse from Elizabeth


My new gym bag that's on the way!!!

3 comments:

  1. You certainly do have some very generous friends. Enjoy your gifts, especially the Depends. :p ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a shoe girl, but, man, I LOVE both of those bags! You have nice friends! Glad you had a fun birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete