Friday, July 17, 2009

Word Association

I was just thinking on my drive into work this morning how funny or irritating (whatever the case may be) it is that certain words, phrases, smells etc. will immediately take you to a certain place. What I was mainly thinking about is how unfortunate it is people can ruin perfectly good words or things because you hear them a lot or because you have particularly bad memories associated with the person who originated them. I was making a mental list of such words and things and so far I’ve decided that the following words and items have made the short list:

Protocol – when used in reference to training.

Reach out – My company loves this one. “Lyn, please reach out to Bob for help with this project” Whenever I reach out it’s usually because I want to smack someone.

Detail Oriented and Forward thinking – I’m convinced that everyone has this on their resume.

Touch base/taking it to the next level/thinking outside the box – tired, worn out corporate clichés that make me want to vomit.

Thunder/Erik – enough said, although I now use this word and the word douchebag interchangeably.

Puppy Chow/Magic Powder/Bootcamp/Amy – have all been ruined by the person whom I now lovingly refer to as “C*ntFace. The * = the letter “u” It’s nice to know that whenever I remove hair from my cooter she will always be there. Also when I eat my favorite protein pancake (recipe posted below), I have to put it out of my mind where it originated or else I will surely gag.


Almost Carb-Less Protein Pancake
Ingredients
20g protein powder (your choice)
2 egg whites
1-2 Tbsp Davinci’s Sugar Free Syrup
2g SF pudding mix (optional)
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and pour onto hot skillet. Flip and serve.
Nutritional Information:
Calories: 122 Fat: 1.4 g Carbohydrate: 4.5 g Protein: 22.2 g


Changing gears, I’m looking forward to the weekend. I’m headed to Charleston, SC so see Jenny Hendershott’s first NPC show. It should be exciting. I love going to competitions. I’ll also be riding shotgun with a stuffed whale named Orca who needs to be returned to its natural habitat. Should be an interesting weekend. I’m going to try and borrow my friend’s laptop so I can post pics. If not, I’ll update on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I should laugh or be envious of your pure genius!
    Nice blog :thumb:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about those corporate cliches. Barf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psst.. you may have receive the recipes from Cee U next Tues but KIM developed the recipes. C*Face stole it all.

    Michelle
    Hi there.

    ReplyDelete